• Annual Friend of Youth golf tournament at Baypoint Resort held typically in April, with 100% supporting our CHILDHOOD CANCER PROGRAM.
• Annual PCB Christmas Parade held at Pier Park in December.
Registration for parade is Free, donations support CHILDHOOD CANCER PROGRAM.
• Scholarships: The Optimist Club of the Beaches currently holds 27 endowment scholarships with Gulf Coast State College, Florida State University, and the most recent Troy State University to ensure the continued education of today’s youth
• Ice Cream Distribution: Several times throughout the school year, the Optimist Club of the Beaches affords every child the opportunity for a delicious treat during lunch at each of the 3 Panama City Beach Elementary schools
• Advanced reading programs: The Optimist Club of the Beaches supports the successful education of our local youth by providing contributions toward an improved reading program
• Oratorical contest: This speech contest is designed to inspire today’s youth to motivate and inform others through the art of public speaking. It provides young people with the opportunity to compete for one of our many college scholarships and express their views on a pre-assigned topic
• Youth Appreciation: The Optimist Club of the Beaches recognizes local youth for their efforts in the arts, athletics, academics and community service work.
• Essay Contest: The Optimist Club of the Beaches wants to give young people the opportunity to write about their own opinions regarding the world in which they live.
Other Notable Events funded by your generous contribution:
• Fishing Rodeo held at Frank Brown Park
• Firemen Recognition
• Policeman Recognition
• Boy Scout support
• Blessings in a Backpack Program
• Cops N Kids
• Fire Station Open House
• Miracle League